Thursday, May 20, 2010

Lady's Health

Hi all! I know it hasn't been very long since I wrote last! Life has been pretty typical since.. I am going to try to put up some pictures on here! Today we went with the women's health clinic. It was amazing! Most women around here do not have the slightest clue about their bodies. They listen to what the doctors say without understanding much, which leads to a lot of misconceptions. Today's topic was domestic violence, nutrition while pregnant and menopause. It was very interesting. Domestic violence is a LARGE problem among men and women in this country. It was life changing to hear them tell their stories! I had the weirdest feeling while I was there. Although I love everything about teaching and can not wait to have my own classroom of children, I still have an intense desire to learn about the human body and do some work in the health care field. Maybe I will have to marry rich so I can become a doctor after I teach for twenty or thirty years! I loved being able to tell women about the nutrients they were not getting because they do not eat the correct foods. Maybe I will have to take health classes in the summers! Who knows where life might lead!

Please comment with things going on in America. I am feeling like life is passing me by in the states and I am completely uninformed on things going on at home! I would loooove to hear about all of the things going on with you all. It would make me feel a little bit more normal! Trying to put pictures up.. Will put up my password and such if it works! Love and miss you all!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Rob!!Barb IM'ed me at work..."Kristie has a new post!" She is following your journey too. Was this part of your community project? If not perhaps it should be? Wait for me and I can lead the topic "Enjoying your personal summers" :) I woke up to a rainstorm this am and had horrible thoughts of you ladies drenched in your hut. You know how I am when it's dark and quiet...all of a sudden you ladies getting wet is catastrophic! I smile at your Nile experience yet cry at the thought of you getting wet in your hut! See how that works? Is it still the rainy season there? Life here...hmmm.Taping our shows so we have lots to catch up on. Enjoying time with Sue.She has been working up a storm on the farm. Bradley and I joined her one day; you would have been very proud of Brad! Charles P went to the farm too...his first visit, I think. We found some new pets living there, yikes! You look marvelous, by the way. Happy, healthy, and enjoying life. Thank you for the images...from a mom who misses you terribly! My love to you and Fed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks Mom for your support! Glad I'm slipping from my Princess role...I think maybe it's time to head up the Nature Club again! On second thought, nm my allergies would hate it :)

    Brad we're heading off to the Memorial Day Parade this weekend! Guess what I'll be wearing for the vets...you know...you know! Maybe Chuck Chuck will come too, he'd love it. AND it's just about time for his first swimming lesson! The pool is open and the solar cover's just warming it up. Would you like me to wait so you can be around to show him? Murph has given up on the pool entirely...but maybe I can coax him in for the purposes of teaching his young grasshopper.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahah she is a very supportive Mom! You should have seen the nature hike we went on the other day! It was crazy intense! We had Kenyans pulling all of us up boulders (and i have by no means lost any weight!) These farm working men are just super strong! Vets need it the most of all!! :D yes please wait for chuck chucks first pool adventure! I would like to be there for it!

    Getting ready for a dowry party tomorrow all day! Also going to see some kenyan runners tonight! Hope all is well at home, I cant wait to talk to you guys again!

    ReplyDelete