Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Leaving Home

Hi all!
Getting geared up to leave home and go traveling! Very excited for what lies ahead but feeling very holey in the heart! Went to Nairobi to pick up mom. Hated it. Never was a big city girl. The hostile was very nice and I loved the people I got to meet there. We went to a little school in the city. Just as I expected it was much more city like. The kids said their favorite car rather than "present" for role car. Some of the favorite cars were Land Rovers, Mercedes, Lamborghini. It was intense. Tried brushing my teeth one morning. Put my toothbrush in my mouth without toothpaste to hold it. It didn't taste quite right. When I took it out. I found maggots. SWEET! Now I am full of maggots! (Ma says survivor man would be proud! Extreme foods man too!) I now eat five chipatis at one setting...eating for ten now! :D Hoping they make me skinnier after gaining 25 pounds! Made dinner with the family last night. Its going to be rough saying goodbye to my baby girl, Presh! We are trying to get as many pictures as we can. Having Mom here helps, because there are some things that I am just used to by now and she is wanting pictures of them which is good! Two heads are better than one! :D Missing my traveling partner more than I could have ever expected. She was amazing the whole trip. I can not believe we spent every waking minute together and NEVER got sick of one another. I feel as if I have yet another sister. Off to another horrible nine hour bus ride tomorrow morning! Luckily we have more traveling buddies this time. Hopefully we will be able to find an internet cafe on our travels! Will update more later. Off to get Ma a Tusker and buy all the things I still need before I leave. 6 Weeks is just not long enough in this place. Can't wait to see all of you!

All my love,
K

No comments:

Post a Comment